- American Psychological Association: The American Psychological Association (APA) is a scientific and professional organization that represents psychologists in the United States.
- California Board of Psychology: A website for the State of California, Department of Consumer Affairs, Board of Psychology.
- AASECT: The American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT) is a not-for-profit, interdisciplinary professional organization.
- San Diego Psychological Organization: A local chapter of the California Psychological Association.
General Psychology Information
Traumatic Stress Information
- Trauma Pages: These Trauma Pages focus primarily on emotional trauma and traumatic stress, including PTSD (Post-traumatic Stress Disorder) and dissociation, whether following individual traumatic experience(s) or a large-scale disaster.
- National Alliance for the Mentally Ill: NAMI’s support and public education efforts are focused on educating America about mental illness and offering resources to those in need.
- Crucible 4 Points of Balance: Based on the work of David Schnarch PhD. who focuses on the process of “differentiation” which determines how we function in relationship to ourselves and to other people.
- The Gottman Institute: Provides research-based tools for relationships and also provides training to therapists.
- Divorce Support: The Divorce Support website provides divorce information on family law topics such as; divorce, child custody, visitation, child support, alimony and property division.
Substance Abuse and Recovery
- UCSD Mindfulness MP3: Free guided audio files to practice mindfulness based stress reduction.
- The Free Mindfulness Project: Free guided meditations, body scans, and guided imagery.
- Headspace: Meditation online or in app form. Helps you learn how to meditate for 10 minutes at a time.
- Self-Compassion Website: Kristin Neff PhD’s website with free guided meditations and practices to help cultivate compassion for yourself and others.